6. January 2013 11:55
Here are some questions we recently received from a guest going on a Westwater Canyon Trip.
- We would prefer paddleboats, but what are the qualifications?
- As long as they can hold a paddle, there are no qualifications to be in the paddleboat. The guide will teach everyone on the boat how to paddle and what to expect. We may not allow smaller children on the paddleboat depending on water levels.
- How long is the ride from Moab to the ranger station put in, what type vehicle is used for transportation?
- The drive to the Westwater Ranger station is about 1 and half hours long. We use 15 passenger vans and air conditioned shuttle buses. (Not school buses but motor coaches.)
- How long are we on the river, where is the lunch stop and is the swimming or hiking there?
- We launch around 9am and take off the river around 3:30-4:00pm. The lunch stop varies on time of year. If the water is high we will lunch farther down stream because the river is moving faster. This is also true with hiking. When the water is low we do not have time for many hikes. There is always time for swimming!
- How long is the ride from take out point to Moab?
- The ride back is almost the same length as the ride there.
- Are all your guides licensed?
- All our guides are licensed by the state of Utah. They all have food handlers, CPR and Wilderness First Aid.
- Can you handle special diets or is it best to bring separate food (gluten free bread or 100% rye flour bread for fructose intolerance)?
- We can handle a variety of diets. Gluten free is very common for us and is not a problem. We just need to know beforehand.
- We are staying at a hotel in town can you pick us up?
- We can pick up from most hotels in town and from Red Cliffs Lodge and Sorrel River Ranch on our all our Westwater Canyon Trips.
Call Kristl at 800-332-2439 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on one day Westwater Canyon trips.