5. November 2013 07:47
A Sort of Timeline
I am going to keep this brief because I have a ton of things to do in the next little while.
I think it is very important that you know I have decided to do the allogeneic bone marrow transplant. And do it rather quickly.
After 3 conversations with 3 different doctors, it feels like the only choice I have to live a long term life. They also all were very insistent that I move earlier rather than later. In fact Dr. Houda called me personally out of the blue to express his very strong opinion I do the transplant well before my four month window with PD1.
There are many more questions I need/should answer to you.
But I just do not have it in me right now.
Here is my proposed/most likely medical schedule.
This is the order I think:
- Nov 14- PD1 infusion- Huntsman
- Nov 14 or 15-LDS Hospital Get an official consolation on how the whole process really works. What to expect. Including what I need living arraignment wise after transplant. I.e. How long should I count on living in SLC afterward. 2. Then finding a place to stay for that time period.
- Between Nov 18-27 Get approval from Medicaid: This means Lots of tests,-same as before
- Bone marrow biopsy, STD tests, Heart & lung tests, Drug tests, Labs, psych-social evaluation from LDS Social worker, dental work up
- PET Scan, CT Scan.
- Tests, Tests, Tests
- End of Nov- Medicaid approval
- Nov 27-PD1 infusion
- Dec 1-7 (sometime) Obe has to do a donor evaluation
- Dec 18- Move to SLC. Start the process of destroying my immune system. (not sure how that all works yet.
- Dec 20-22 Obe does the bone marrow transfusion. Day after I get the cells.
- Dec 23- Jan???
- Sit in the hospital for 14-???? days as I recover.
- Jan- Spring: Long recovery and such. Summer timeish Back to moab?
Ok that is it.
I will update again when I feel up to it.