WHAT AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR ON THE TRIP?
1. Read the pre-trip information and arrive at the designated meeting place on time. (It is your responsibility to ask questions if there is something that is not clear or you don’t understand.)
2. Understand what risks may be associated with your trip. We cannot guarantee your safety. We place final responsibility for your safety firmly on your shoulders. You must pay attention to what you are doing. You will be required to sign an Assumption of Risk form prior to departing on your trip. (It is your responsibility to ask questions if there is something that is not clear or you don’t understand.)
3. Wear a properly fitted Personal Floatation Device (PFD) and helmet when required and have the ability to use it to maintain the appropriate whitewater swimming position .
4. Wear clothing and footwear suitable for the current conditions.
5. Inform SGE of any food and/or medical restrictions you may have prior to the trip. It is important that you disclose any and all physical, emotional and mental limitations or challenges you or your children may have. (The sooner you let us know, the better we can work with you to accommodate your needs or help you determine for yourself the suitability of the trip)
6. Listen to and follow the SGE staff instructions. Our managing agencies (NPS, BLM, STATE) give us specific rules to follow, we will teach you and expect you to follow those rules.
7. Recreational drugs are not legal and not permitted. Alcohol may be consumed in moderation.
8. To protect and preserve the areas we stop along the river we practice Leave No Trace practices. Your guide/s will teach you about how to leave the minimum impact in the Canyons we love.
9. Treat all who you come into contact with, with respect and courtesy. (Other guests, guides, other boaters/recreators, river rangers, etc.) Any type of harassment is unacceptable.
10. Family vacations are wonderful, and we encourage sharing the outdoors with children of all ages! Our guides will offer games, hikes and activities that we encourage the whole family to participate in. We do ask families to remember that our guides, while very friendly and engaging, are not caretakers. Your children are ultimately your responsibility.
Please refer to Essential Eligibility Criteria for River Trips. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-332-2439 or firstname.lastname@example.org